For all public sector employees with 50 or more employees, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act requires that the following employment-related standards be in place by January 1, 2014:
- ensure that performance management, career develop-ment and job changes are accessible to employees;
- inform staff about policies for supporting employees with disabilities;
- provide training to all employees and volunteers at your organization about the requirements of the Act;
- ensure that the manner in which feedback is received and responded to is accessible; and
- ensure that your organization’s hiring practices are accessible.
By 2014, all public sector organizations are required to have developed accessibility policies.