Please join labour and employment law lawyer, Russell MacCrimmon of Bird Richard, for a presentation on the law governing Embassies’ relationships with their locally-engaged staff.
Statutory update regarding COVID-19 leaves:
- What is the status of Infectious Disease Emergency Leave (IDEL) under the Ontario Employment Standards Act?
- What is the status of COVID-19 leave under the Canada Labour Code?
Employees returning to the workplace:
- What are key considerations regarding a hybrid work arrangement (some work from home, some from the office)?
- Is an employer entitled to demand attendance at the workplace?
- Is an employer allowed to change terms and conditions of employment because of the pandemic?
- What steps can an employer take to avoid claims of constructive dismissal?
- Should employers include a “pandemic” clause in employment contracts permitting temporary layoffs during future pandemics?
Human Rights and Occupational Health and Safety:
- What is the current state of the law regarding mandatory vaccine policies?
- Should mandatory vaccine policies be amended as pandemic restrictions are reduced or eliminated?
- What are legitimate grounds to seek an exclusion (religious, medical) from vaccine requirements under the Ontario Human Rights Code?
April 28, 2022 | WEBINAR
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Presentation with Q & A to follow
REGISTER BY: Phone: 613.238.3772 | Fax: 613.238.5955