Please join presenters Alanna Twohey and Katherine Symonds on October 22, 2013 at the Ottawa Convention Centre for a discussion of privacy in the workplace.
This complimentary seminar will focus on:
- Whether and which privacy legislation applies to your organization;
- Recent case law developments, including:
- updates on the newly-created cause of action for invasion of privacy – the first cases to apply Jones v. Tsige; and,
- the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision R. v. Cole.
- Meeting your operational needs without running afoul of employee privacy rights, including:
- conducting workplace surveillance;
- monitoring employees’ computer and internet use; and
- using newer technologies, such as GPS and biometrics software.
For further details and to register, please visit our website.