Please join labour and employment law lawyers Russell MacCrimmon and Travis Ujjainwalla of Bird Richard, for a discussion on how employers can deal with some of the current issues they may be facing due to COVID-19. This presentation will provide details on the following:
- What is happening in Ontario with COVID-19 leave, Declared Emergency Leave and the Worker Income Protection Benefit?
- Can an employer require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment?
- Can an employer dismiss or discipline an employee who refuses to get a vaccine?
- What impact has the pandemic had on wrongful dismissal claims in Ontario, including:
- If an employer has placed an employee on statutory COVID leave, can a constructive dismissal claim still be made?
- Have reasonable notice periods been increased by the Court due to the pandemic?
- Can an employer claim that any Canada Emergency Response Benefit collected by an employee should be deducted from a reasonable notice award?
REGISTER BY: Phone: 613.238.3772 | Fax: 613.238.5955
As space is limited please register no later than June 21, 2021